|Course Dates||02 Mar 2021 9:00am - 03 Mar 2021 5:00pm|
03 Jun 2021 9:00am - 04 Jun 2021 5:00pm
02 Sep 2021 9:00am - 03 Sep 2021 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
As the person in charge of your team, you will deal with different team members’ styles which may or may not appeal to your type. However, people are not necessarily difficult to deal with. They only seem difficult because top management sometimes lack the skills of an appropriate communication style on when to motivate, lead and manage team members. It is imperative that managers are equipped with the essential skills to handle different groups of people to improve work relationships in teams.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Develop leadership styles according to the situation
- Confidently handle and lessen grievances and complaints in a systematic and calm fashion
- Promote work productivity and sense of belonging in the workplace
- Improve team members’ performance levels
Who Should Attend
All bosses, leaders and managers.
Module 1: Branding Yourself
- Branding yourself as a boss, leader or manager and what the implications are.
Module 2: Understanding People Communication Tendencies
- People reading
- Using the DISC to understand an individual’s outward behaviour and thought processes
- How to use the DISC psychometric tool to communicate and counsel to different groups of people
- How to motivate team members effectively
Module 3: Qualities of a Performing Team
- Tuckman’s model of team dynamics
- Identifying team members’ developmental levels, their current level of competence and commitment
Module 4: Leadership Styles
- What appropriate leadership styles should you adopt?
Module 5: Coaching Skills
- Using the GROW and ACHIEVE model to motivate and releasing the potential of team members
Module 6: Communication Tips
- Understanding the 4 sides of a message
- Using 6 levels of assertion
- Giving and receiving feedback and criticism
- Group Discussion/Brainstorming
- Case Studies
- Self-Analysis/Critique Session
- Learning from a Partner
- Interactive Exercises
Caroline Josephine Dawson holds a Master of Arts degree in Mass Communications from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. She has more than 8 years of invaluable experience in teaching business, environmental and technical communication and 10 years in the field of journalism and publishing. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
As an Editor of 4 publications, i.e. Executive Inc, The Hemispheres, The Hemispheres Kid and Koolkidz Magazine, Caroline is presented with opportunities to conduct all facets of written communication to not only the corporate sector but students and aspiring writers as well. Caroline has also written several articles which have all been published in established local magazines. Her dissertation “Effective Ways of Promoting Environmental Consciousness among School Children in Singapore” is kept in Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and various nature organisations in Singapore as resource and reference material on environmental and persuasive communication.
In addition, her professional work experience as a Corporate Trainer has required her to market the value of her programs and persuade clients to value and understand the urgency of good communication skills in the work force. She has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore to develop training content for the Employability Skills System where she successfully attained industry approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency based assessments for workshops.
Quick InformationAs the person in charge of your team, you will deal with different team members' styles which may or may not appeal to your type. However, people are not necessarily difficult to deal with.
+65 6842 6666