Supervisory Skills for the New SupervisorsSupervisory Management
|Course Dates||13 Feb 2023 9:00am - 14 Feb 2023 5:00pm|
04 May 2023 9:00am - 05 May 2023 5:00pm
17 Aug 2023 9:00am - 18 Aug 2023 5:00pm
01 Nov 2023 9:00am - 02 Nov 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2020500788
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture
This program is designed for employees who have been newly-promoted to a supervisory or managerial position to improve their people-management skills and, more importantly, be equipped with practical ideas for optimizing the most important resource in the organisation - it’s people. It’s also suitable for existing supervisors and managers who have not received any formal training in people-management skills.
Possess a firm foundation in becoming both an efficient and effective manager and a better motivator of subordinates. This will lead to subordinates becoming more inspired, produce higher quality work, and tend to stay longer in the organization. The organization will then benefit with higher productivity levels, lower turnover and resignation rates, saving time, energy, resource, money in hiring and re-hiring of new staff.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Become an effective motivator of subordinates.
- Improve EQ skills.
- Know how to supervise, communicate, coach, counsel, delegate, lead and inspire subordinates effectively.
- Build a stronger, more cohesive team.
Who Should Attend
Administrators, supervisors, junior managers and team leaders who wish to improve their people management skills.
Module 1: Managing Self
- Inculcating a healthy self-esteem
- Adopting a positive mental attitude
- Maximizing one’s potential
- Striking an IQ/EQ balance in supervision
- Developing work performance goal
Module 2: Managing Downwards
- Key Principles, roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
- Communicating Effectively
- Coaching & Counselling Skills
- Inter-personal and conflict management skills
- Motivating and inspiring subordinates
- Delegating work effectively
- Leading effectively
Module 3: Managing Upwards
- How to manage one's boss
- Becoming an effective intermediary between one’s boss and subordinates
- Relating to different kinds of bosses
Module 4: Managing a Team
- The magic ingredient in teamwork – SYNERGY
- Building a cohesive team
- Understand the role of supervisor/leader
- Understand the problem-solving process, techniques and approaches used by supervisors
- Understand Current supervision techniques required by supervisors to lead their team
- Recognize the importance of maintaining the highest standard of quality in the team
- Recognize the need to be in line with the vision and expectations of the organization
- Understand the importance of inculcating teamwork for all the members in the department
Mini-lectures, case studies, peer sharing, group discussions, role-play, hands-on exercises.
Mr Pillay has over 35 years of operational experience in the Aviation industries including training cabin crew, doing appraisal reports on cabin crew, audit on safety, security as well as on training and education. Starting as a cabin crew member, he quickly ascended to the position of Check Trainer during his tenure with Singapore Airlines. His training specialities focus on areas like Customer Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership and Customer Service, Train-the-Trainer and Creativity and Innovation.
He has delivered many training workshops for organisations like Paramount Airways in South India from 2006 - 2007 (G.M In-Flight Service). Mr Pillay also set up a Training Academy called Skyblue Aviation Academy with an Airbus A320 mock-up in Hyderabad, India, prepared the customer service manual and trained the Trainers from 2007-2008.
Some of his Expertise Training Programme Conducted, include:
- Lead a Customer-Focused Organization
- Develop Personal Effectiveness
- Coaching for Peak Performance
- Facilitate the Effectiveness of Communication and Engagement
- Communicate and Relate Effectively at workplace
- Lead a Team to Participate in the Service Innovation Process
- Handling Difficult Customers and Situation
- Certified Service Professional
- Coach Service Teams and Individuals
- Offer Customized and Personalized Service
- Lead a Service Team
Quick InformationThe supervisors play an important role in the organisation. In the current competitive business environment, supervisors are under pressure to maintain the momentum and make a difference in their work. This will be possible only when the supervisors possess the right skills.
+65 6842 6666