Office Administration Management for Executives and ManagersBusiness Management / Sustainability
|Course Dates||03 Nov 2022 9:00am - 04 Nov 2022 5:00pm|
12 Jan 2023 9:00am - 13 Jan 2023 5:00pm
17 Apr 2023 9:00am - 18 Apr 2023 5:00pm
06 Jul 2023 9:00am - 07 Jul 2023 5:00pm
09 Oct 2023 9:00am - 10 Oct 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Active MDIS students enjoy a 50% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2020500019
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
The workshop is curated to provide office administrators, supervisors of clerical and administrative staff and executive secretaries the opportunity to review and develop interpersonal and professional organisational skills. The skills they require to do their jobs effectively, contributing to their own, boss, and organisation’s success.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Be proficient in professional administrative management skills
- Manage a network of working relationships
- Communicate effectively
- Manage time for themselves and others
- Manage the performance of administrative staff
- Organise and manage office administrative systems
Who Should Attend
Executive secretaries are in-charged with the responsibility of managing a support team, Office administrators, and Supervisors of administrative staff.
- The role and functions of Administrative Management in today’s business environment
- Model of the Administrative Manager – The Leader, Manager and Facilitator
- Understand the differences and recognise the similarities between internal and external customers
- Recognise the aspects of teamwork and its importance in the office environment
- How to organise, process and respond to electronic and paper communications to facilitate the flow of information in the workplace
- Be able to use effective interpersonal skills for the workplace to assist the completion of individual and team tasks and to promote the image of the organisation
- How to apply time management and organisational skills to facilitate the completion of tasks and meet deadlines in the workplace
A highly interactive adult-focused training programme with plenty of case studies, role-plays, questions and answers sessions and trainer-facilitated group discussions.
Catherine Syn studied Business in Australia, was a Corporate Member of the Institute Of Administrative Management (U.K.). She has held the positions of Executive, Manager, Corporate Trainer and Consultant for the past three decades.
As an experienced trainer, she has successfully applied service qualities principles and competency assessments in all her communication courses in business writing, face-to-face communication, customer service, managing difficult customer situations using effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. A versatile and bi-lingual trainer, she relates well to all participants and has excellent delivery and presentation skills that meet the motivational needs of each participant.
- WDA ACTA certified trainer for WSQ courses, including Certified Service Professional.
Quick InformationThis is an exciting and interactive programme. It is designed to provide office administrators, supervisors of clerical and administrative staff.
+65 6842 6666