|Course Dates||20 Jan 2021 9:00am - 21 Jan 2021 5:00pm|
19 Apr 2021 9:00am - 20 Apr 2021 5:00pm
13 Sep 2021 9:00am - 14 Sep 2021 5:00pm
06 Dec 2021 9:00am - 07 Dec 2021 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
This programme is ideal for any team leader or manager who has a rudimentary understanding of leadership and would like to brush up/refresh their skills and knowledge and adapt with agility to the new world of work. This has been brought about by teams increasingly working not only on a face to face basis but also remotely.
This two day highly interactive workshop will offer you the opportunity to fine-tune your leadership skills and find out how teams change, develop and how you can keep them on track regardless of where they are located. It will explore what it takes to move an average performing team to one that is high performing and recognized for its achievements.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Recognise the characteristics of a high performing team
- Enhance their personal style of management
- Explore creating a mission, vision and the importance of values that your team can buy in to
- Understand the subtle needs and requirements of those in your team during change
- Learn what it takes to motivate and keep on track teams that are increasingly working remotely
- Identify and maximize talent within your team
- Develop your coaching, facilitation and networking skills
- Influence others in a professional positive manner
Who Should Attend
Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers and Project Managers with a high proportion of specialist staff, who have a rudimentary knowledge and understanding of the topic.
Module 1: The Art of Leadership
- Difference between Leadership and Management
- A Behavioural Exploration of Leadership at Different Levels in an Organisation
Module 2: Creating the Framework for a High Performing Team
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Setting the Direction of the Team
- Developing the Common Vision and Building Commitment to it
- Aligning Team and Personal Objectives to that of the Organisation
- Best Practice Case Studies of Organisations Around the World
- How Their Culture and Values are Defined and Developed
Module 3: Team Creation and Development
- What Should You Bear in Mind Structuring a Team?
- Team Assessment Tool
- What is it that Makes a Team Perform Well or Under-Perform?
- Taking Your Team through Change
- How to Move to a Self-Managed Team
- Working with a Virtual Team
Module 4: Performance Management
- The Power You Can Use to Get Results
- Using Push / Pull Techniques
- What are the Top Recruitment Pitfalls?
- Motivation When There are No Funds Available
- Dealing with Under-Performance
- Common Mistakes Made During the Appraisal Process
- Learning – What Makes You a Credible Coach and Trainer?
- The Art of Facilitation
Module 5: Setting Goals and Measuring Performance
- Eighteen Different Factors to Bear in Mind Setting Goals
- Examining a Case Study of Measurement in Action
- What Should You Be Measuring in Your Team?
Module 6: Your Role as a Communication Messenger
- Who are Your Internal Customers and How Can You Build Bridges with Them to Ensure that You Work Well Together?
- Managing Up
- Communicating Effectively with Your Team
- Maximising the Effectiveness of Team Meetings, Briefings and Presentations
- Delivering Difficult Messages to Your Team
Module 7: Creativity
- Getting Your Team Members to Think Laterally
- Using a Model for Pushing the Boundaries
- Appreciating the Hidden Qualities That Those in Your Team Might Have
Module 8: Delegation
- Defining How Your Time Should Be Spent
- What Can’t You Delegate?
- How to Plan the Whole Process and Make it Work
- Using a Case Study to Find Out How Well You Can Delegate
Module 9: Personal Effectiveness and the Power to Influence Others
- Dealing with Conflict in the Team
- How to Use a Variety of Techniques to Influence Others
- What Mistakes can you Make When Trying to Influence Others?
- Understanding the Power of Emotional Intelligence
- Bringing a Range of Different and Difficult Individuals Around to your Point of View
Module 10: Develop an Action Plan for the Future
Leading High-Performance Teams is a highly interactive two-day programme. Key concepts are presented to participants and this is closely followed by syndicate work and group discussion.
Video presentations and film are used to compound the learning process and create high impact training.
The programme is designed to be dynamic and fun as well as educational. The primary focus is to provide delegates with concepts and methods which they can put to immediate use in the workplace.
Quick InformationThis programme is ideal for any team leader or manager who has already attended a team leadership programme in the past would like to brush up/refresh their skills and knowledge.
+65 6842 6666