Innovation & Critical Thinking SkillsCreativity and Innovation
Course Date & Course Fee
- Applicable for In-House Training (Quote Upon Request)
Thinking is the operating skill through which our innovative creativity and intellectual potential is realized. As with other skills, it can be learnt and improved with training and practice. In this highly interactive workshop, tools and techniques for developing innovative creative intelligence will be taught and an approach provided for unlocking creative power in each individual.
Participants in this course will also be equipped with the knowledge and skills for developing a more analytical mind to enhance their personal effectiveness in life and at work, for problem-solving and improved decision making.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Overcome obstacles to creativity
- Use creative tools for both professional and personal growth
- Understand innovative and creative thinking
- Apply techniques to think innovatively
- Put ideas into an application to enhance work performance
- Develop an approach towards cultivating thinking skills to enhance personal effectiveness
Who Should Attend
- Executive; and
- Non-executive Staff
Module 1:The Thinking Process
- Brain Physiology: Left & Right Brain
- Types of Thinking Skills
Module 2: Assessing Thinking Skills
Module 3: Nature of Creativity
- Barriers to Creativity
- Flexibility & Originality
- Memory & Creativity
Module 4: UNLOCK Creativity
- Approach to Nurturing Creative Intelligence
Module 5: Understanding Innovation
- Innovation & Creativity
- Cultivating Innovative Thinking
- Characteristics of Innovators
Module 6: Cultivating Thinking Skills
- Develop Intentional Thinking
- 7 Thinking Skills for Success
Module 7: Attributes of Critical Thinkers
- CRITICAL Framework for Thinking
- Avoiding Thinking Traps
- 7 Habits of Intelligent Thinkers
Module 8: Workplace Applications
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking to Enhance Personal & Professional Life
Activity-based interactive whole brain learning with modelled applications & guided practices
Dr Tan Buck Chye is the Principal Trainer and Managing Director at Tony Buzan Learning Centre as well as Mind Map Training Centre.
He graduated from the National University of Singapore with direct honours in Accountancy in 1984 and subsequently a Masters in Business Administration. He also has a Doctorate in Business Administration and an advanced Postgraduate diploma in consultancy from the Henley Management College in the UK. His research interests include strategic planning, strategic marketing, management leadership, emotional intelligence and mental literacy.
Dr Tan has extensive corporate experience and was previously a Senior Business Manager with the Standard Chartered Bank, Chief Executive of Europa Holdings Pte Ltd, Vice Chairman of China United Pure Water Company and Chairman of The Beverage Company of Asia in China.
He is also the pioneer of the Buzan 5-Step Learning Plan® for nurturing life-long learners. He published a research paper with the Henley Management College UK in early 2006 on developing intelligences and presented this paper as a Conference Speaker in the ASCD 2007 Conference in Anaheim, LA United States.
A Buzan Instructor, DISC Facilitator, ACTA, 6-Seconds® EQ Trainer and IAL Associate Adult Educator, Dr Tan has conducted numerous executive workshops and programmes for various corporates, schools and government institutions in Singapore.
Quick InformationThinking is the operating skill through which our innovative creativity and intellectual potential is realized. As with other skills, it can be learnt and improved with training and practice.
+65 6842 6666