|Course Dates||14 Nov 2022 9:00am - 15 Nov 2022 5:00pm|
02 Feb 2023 9:00am - 03 Feb 2023 5:00pm
04 May 2023 9:00am - 05 May 2023 5:00pm
14 Aug 2023 9:00am - 15 Aug 2023 5:00pm
06 Nov 2023 9:00am - 07 Nov 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2020502165
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
There is one certainty in any organisation; change or be changed. At the forefront of this, the first line of defence is a group of people in your organisation who must be good in the Basic Managerial Skills.
These people may not necessarily be Managers only, they can be anyone who has subordinates or needs to work with a group of people (e.g. in a project). The Top Management sets the vision and they depend on people who are efficient in the execution. It is always at the execution point that differentiates between the good and bad consequences, outstanding results or a complete disaster.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Understand the role of management in the organisation
- Improve overall performance through effective and positive confrontation
- Be more confident in practising management
- Motivate people better
- Enhance and improve leadership skills
- Upgrade communication skills
- Increase team skills
- Achieve better overall results
Who Should Attend
This is intended for all those who have formal subordinates and that personnel who have to manage the various resources and/or projects.
- What Is Leadership and Why It Is Important?
- Leadership Approaches / Styles
- Case Exercise on Leadership
- Guidelines to Application
- Introductory Exercise: “Dream Of A King”
- Definition and Example
- Common Pitfalls of Poor Communication
Tool on how to avoid them
- Giving Directions
- How to Provide Effective Directions
- The Smart Approach
- Follow Up: The “Twin Brother” Of Giving Directions
- Survey: What Do People Want?
Definition: How to Manage Motivation
- Problem Solving
Problem Solving Tool
- How to be Productive Compared to Others
- Case Discussion on Prioritisation
Work and Project Management
- Principles of Project Management
- Project Management Tools
Delegation and Empowerment
- Case: “Smoking And Driving”
- Why Delegate?
- How to Delegate?
- Things Which You Should Not Delegate
Managing Difficult Staff
- Why Do People Behave The Way They Do?
- Relationship Between Attitude and Behaviour
- Tactical Handling of People
- Case Study: Game Theory
What is a team?
- How To Select The Best Team
Combination of lecture with the practical or hands-on approach such as case studies, presentation, commentary on other companies/industries, and exercises
Mr. Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specializing in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change, and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from such diverse industries (see list below) as banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist (New York).
Quick InformationThere is one certainty in any organisation; change or be changed. At the forefront of this, the first line of defence is a group of people in your organisation who must be good in the Basic Managerial Skills.
+65 6842 6666