|Course Dates||22 Feb 2021 9:00am - 23 Feb 2021 5:00pm|
27 May 2021 9:00am - 28 May 2021 5:00pm
09 Sep 2021 9:00am - 10 Sep 2021 5:00pm
02 Dec 2021 9:00am - 03 Dec 2021 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
- COMPANY SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF GRANT REIMBURSEMENT (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
SDF Course Code:CRS-N-0022780
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
This programme explores the qualities and key competencies that contribute to successful team leadership, be this working with face to face or remote teams. It will examine how to keep your team motivated and on track during working mode changes brought about by the pandemic crisis resulting in challenging economic times.
As well as gaining a firm foundation in the core aspects of team leadership, you will also take away with you a useful social skills model to help you deal effectively and persuasively with a range of different or difficult personalities and characters you might have to deal with in your everyday working life.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Understand the style of leadership it is appropriate to adopt as a team leader
- How teams develop and change and what it takes to keep them on track during work mode changes
- Learn what it takes to work well with virtual/remote teams
- How to enable/empower staff in order to increase productivity
- Manage performance effectively
- Gain facilitation skills and be able to balance tasks and people
Who Should Attend
Team Leaders, Supervisors and those aspiring to become Team Leaders, Project Managers with a high proportion of specialist staff who have little or no management training.
Module 1: What Style of Leadership is Appropriate in Different Situations?
- How Best to Use a Range of Different Leadership Styles According to the Situation You are Faced With
- How to Recognise the Different Sources of Power that Others Might Adopt – The Autocrat, Authoritaricrat, Bureaucrat, Particicrat and Abdicrat
Module 2: The Creation of a Team
- What are the Characteristics of a High Performing Team?
- Overcoming the Challenges of Remote Team Working
- Belbin’s Concept Concerning a Well Balanced Team and How to Ensure you are Maximizing the Potential Skills and Competencies of Each Team Member
- How to Keep the Team on Track and Productivity in Place during Challenging Times
Module 3: Performance Management
- Recognising the Need for Clear, Objective Standards of Performance
- Improve Clarity by Setting Measurable Targets
- Appraising for High Performance
- Correcting Under-Performance and Setting Review Sessions to Monitor Improvement
Module 4: The People Part of Managing a Project
- How and When to Offer Guidance and Help During a Project
- Motivating the Team or Individual During the Process
- Monitoring and Reviewing Progress
- Ensuring Accountability
- How to use a Range of Different Analysis Tools to get to the Root Cause of the Problem
Module 5: The Power of Seven
- Using this Unique Instrument for Project Planning, for Sales Presentations or Recruitment Activities
Module 6: The Enablement / Empowerment Four Box Model
- How to Assess the Readiness of Team Members to take over Different Roles and Responsibilities
- The 7 Different Levels of Delegation / Empowerment
Module 7: Delegation
- To Successfully Delegate Tasks and Responsibilities to others will often need to be Gradually Undertaken using Effective Communication, Coaching or Training. How to Assess the Appropriate Approach in Different Situations
- Using The Maze Activity to Understand all of the Issues You Face During the Delegation Process and Getting it Right
Module 8: Handling Problem Staff and Conflict
- Skills for Resolving Conflict
- Stopping Conflict from Starting
- Problem Solving Between People
Module 9: Handling and Influencing a Range of Different and Difficult Personalities in the Workplace
- Through the Use of a Social Skills Model, You Will Learn how Best to Influence Others and Persuade them to Come Around to Your Point of View
- Developing an Action Plan for the Future
You will initially gain key concepts of effective team leadership through presentation and group discussion. However, a good proportion of the time will be spent in syndicate groups or using a range of interesting instruments such as the Power of 7 and the Maze.
This workshop will be highly interactive, and DVD film will also be used to compound the learning process.
Quick InformationThis programme explores the qualities and key competencies that contribute to successful team leadership. It will examine how to keep your team motivated and on track during challenging economic times.
+65 6842 6666