Effective Secretarial SkillsBusiness Management
|Course Dates||01 Dec 2022 9:00am - 02 Dec 2022 5:00pm|
02 Feb 2023 9:00am - 03 Feb 2023 5:00pm
29 May 2023 9:00am - 30 May 2023 5:00pm
17 Aug 2023 9:00am - 18 Aug 2023 5:00pm
02 Nov 2023 9:00am - 03 Nov 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Active MDIS students enjoy a 50% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2020500035
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
The support staff of yesterday will type, take orders, perform filing, attend to visitors and make phone calls for bosses. However, the demands made of today's secretaries and administrators are different - they are expected to juggle multiple tasks, be proactive, manage time, people and problems, communicate for results, think on their feet and relate well to people at all levels.
To meet these requirements, secretarial and administrative professionals will need to enhance their human, technical and conceptual skills to be team players, manage change and be empowered as an effective professionals.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Perform their duties and responsibilities to the required standards of the profession
- Establish a productive and cooperative partnership with managers, supervisors, peers and others whom they work with interact and relate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Effectively set priorities and manage time
- Practise effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Perform their office administrative responsibilities with greater effectiveness and efficiency
Who Should Attend
- Personal Assistants
- Administrators who are serving in a supportive role to Senior Management.
- Developing Professionalism - Role and Responsibilities
- Human Relations and Teamwork
- Interacting and Relating with the Public
- Time Management, Planning and Organising Skills
- Managing Records and Document Security
- Business Correspondence Skills
A practical approach will be taken with 70% of the course on the application and practical sessions with 30% on techniques and concepts. The training comprises a combination of:
- Trainer-facilitated group activities and break up discussions
- Real-life case-studies application activities
- Role-plays on practical sessions and application work
- Questions and answers sessions
- Useful checklists and systematic guidelines
Catherine Syn studied Business in Australia, was a Corporate Member of the Institute Of Administrative Management (U.K.). She has held the positions of Executive, Manager, Corporate Trainer and Consultant for the past three decades.
As an experienced trainer, she has successfully applied service qualities principles and competency assessments in all her communication courses in business writing, face-to-face communication, customer service, managing difficult customer situations using effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. A versatile and bi-lingual trainer, she relates well to all participants and has excellent delivery and presentation skills that meet the motivational needs of each participant.
- WDA ACTA certified trainer for WSQ courses, including Certified Service Professional.
Quick InformationThe demands made of today's secretaries and administrators are different - they are expected to juggle multiple tasks, be proactive, manage time, people and problems, communicate for results, think on their feet and relate well to people at all levels.
+65 6842 6666