|Course Dates||14 Feb 2022 9:00am - 15 Feb 2022 5:00pm|
09 May 2022 9:00am - 10 May 2022 5:00pm
25 Aug 2022 9:00am - 26 Aug 2022 5:00pm
21 Nov 2022 9:00am - 22 Nov 2022 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 7% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF GRANT REIMBURSEMENT (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No: TGS-2020500021
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
How can I present without feeling nervous? What should I do when my mind goes blank? What if my visual aids don't work? How can I improve my presentation skills? All these questions and more will be answered at this interesting, fun-filled and knowledge-rich workshop.
Be prepared to be videotaped as you learn tips and tricks to become a more dynamic and confident speaker and presenter!
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Highlight the important points of an effective presentation
- Develop an effective presentation format for the individual
- Highlight individual effective and non-effective presentation skills
Who Should Attend
Senior Executives and Managers who present to Boards of Directors and Key Decision Makers.
Module 1: Introduction to Public Speaking
- Understanding What Makes a Good Speaker and a Good Speech
- Understanding Needs of Participants
- Managing Nervousness
Module 2: The Mechanics of Speech
- Using Your Voice Effectively
- Building Vocal Power
Module 3: Knowing Your Audience
- Understanding Different Audience Types
- Managing Difficult Presentation Situations
Module 4: Effective Use of Body Language
- Eye Contact
Module 5: Individual Presentation and Written Evaluations
Module 6: Projecting Credibility
- Initial, Derived and Final Credibility
- Projecting a Confident Outlook and its Implication
Module 7: How to Put Your Point Across Effectively
- Using Words to Paint Pictures
- Using Analogies and Stories to Convince
- Audio-Visual Aids
- The Ten Visual Design ‘Commandments’
- Presenting Ideas Visually
Module 8: Speaking off the Cuff
- Using Various Structures for Impromptu Speaking
An interactive method will be used throughout the course comprising lectures, group discussions and hands-on exercises on the skills and attributes of making an effective and powerful presentation. Case studies will be used as well and these will be analysed in relation to style, content, language, effectiveness and logic.
There will be several individual presentation exercises which will be video-recorded for critique and self-assessment.
Lorraine Kwek has extensive experience in various capacities in the fields of marketing communications, including Advertising, Public Relations, Conference Management as well as Training. Her background training in Communication Studies at the University and her teaching diplomas in Speech and Drama and Public Speaking has given her a unique perspective on the importance of facilitation skills in group discussions as well as in a training context.
She has trained in the areas of communication and facilitation skills, selling skills and customer service, including effective speaking skills, dealing with difficult people, dealing with angry and dissatisfied customers, telephone techniques etc.
Quick InformationHow can I present without feeling nervous? What should I do when my mind goes blank? What if my visual aids don't work? How can I improve my presentation skills?
+65 6842 6666