Effective Office Skills for Administrative Support StaffBusiness Management / Sustainability
|Course Dates||10 Oct 2022 9:00am - 11 Oct 2022 5:00pm|
02 Mar 2023 9:00am - 03 Mar 2023 5:00pm
06 Jun 2023 9:00am - 07 Jun 2023 5:00pm
04 Sep 2023 9:00am - 05 Sep 2023 5:00pm
04 Dec 2023 9:00am - 05 Dec 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Active MDIS students enjoy a 50% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2020500063
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
Effective Office Skills for Administrative Support Staff
This business administration course is intended to help those in support positions to understand their roles and responsibilities in today’s office environment. Participants of this business administration course will learn new strategies in handling workload through enhancing organisational skills and prioritising the workload for positive results. They will also explore ways to work effectively in a team, improve critical communication skills, learn new assertive behaviours, and explore self-management techniques for the workplace.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Understand the important roles and functions of today’s office in business
- Understand the changing role of the office administrator and their contribution
- Increase productivity in the office and appreciate the use of appropriate communication tools in the office
- Manage and handle information for maximum results to help the organisation to achieve its business goals
Who Should Attend
- Administrative Assistants
- Clerical Officers
- Junior Secretaries
- Office Staff who serves in a support role
- The Office
- The Role and Functions of the Office
- Productivity and the Administrator's Evolving Role
- Planning and Improving Work Processes
- Matching Business Goals with Administrative Support Goals
- Managing Information for Office Productivity Excellence
- Office Productivity
- Office Productivity through Effective Task Management
- Planning and Scheduling of Office Work
- Increase Your Administrative Effectiveness through Organised Methods and Systems
- File and Find Information Fast
- Dealing with Information Overload in the Office
- Limiting Interruptions in the Office
- Communicating Positively for Better Results
A practical approach will be taken with 70% of the course on the application and practical sessions with 30% on techniques and concepts. The training comprises a combination of
- Trainer-facilitated group activities and break up discussions
- Real-life case-studies application activities
- Role-play on practical sessions and application work
- Questions and answers sessions
- Useful checklists and systematic guidelines
Catherine Syn studied Business in Australia, was a Corporate Member of the Institute Of Administrative Management (U.K.). She has held the positions of Executive, Manager, Corporate Trainer and Consultant for the past three decades.
As an experienced trainer, she has successfully applied service qualities principles and competency assessments in all her communication courses in business writing, face-to-face communication, customer service, managing difficult customer situations using effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. A versatile and bi-lingual trainer, she relates well to all participants and has excellent delivery and presentation skills that meet the motivational needs of each participant.
- WDA ACTA certified trainer for WSQ courses, including Certified Service Professional.
For more information on our business administration courses here in Singapore, please complete the enquiry form.
Quick InformationParticipants will learn new strategies in handling workload through enhancing organisational skills and prioritizing the workload for positive results.
+65 6842 6666