|Course Dates||18 Nov 2021 9:00am - 19 Nov 2021 5:00pm|
10 Feb 2022 9:00am - 11 Feb 2022 5:00pm
12 May 2022 9:00am - 13 May 2022 5:00pm
25 Aug 2022 9:00am - 26 Aug 2022 5:00pm
28 Nov 2022 9:00am - 29 Nov 2022 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF GRANT REIMBURSEMENT (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2020500022
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
Effective Negotiation Skills
Negotiation between individuals or groups is part and parcel of life. The opportunity to cooperate, drive change, or secure strategic goals and additional benefits boils down to one thing, the ability to negotiate with people, both in a personal capacity and professionally. With effective negotiation skills, it can help an individual steer away from failure and head on the path towards success.
This is where the Effective Negotiation Skills course comes in handy for students and working professionals alike. The Effective Negotiation Skills course provides participants with evidence-based and practice-tested tools and ideas to help them translate key concepts into real-life practice, starting them on the path in becoming a great negotiator at work. In addition, participants also get to experience the How(s) of negotiation: How to manage one’s emotions, How to listen and empathise, How to use questions to reduce conflict, and How to advance your objectives in a non-aggressive way to derive better results.
All successful organisations and businesses require people who can negotiate well. The art of effective negotiation forms the foundational basis for the expansion of a business as well as a consolidation of its position.
Effective Negotiation Skills is thus aimed at allowing the participants to effectively resolve issues and implement solutions through the understanding of how people make decisions as well as the enhancement of their ability to gain distinct advantages during the negotiation process.
Incorporating Neuro-Linguistic Programming principles and techniques, the participants will definitely find this intensive and dynamic course a refreshing and empowering experience.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Use of a proven framework to manage negotiation events
- Apply techniques to uncover needs versus wants and interests versus positions
- Apply specific influencing skills to move the negotiation towards a win-win direction
- Establish a Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- Practice and integrate skills to arrive at a win-win outcome
- Effectively structure the negotiation process for individual and team
- Display dynamic negotiation and psychology for the win-win outcome
- Create an image persona in presenting offers
- Use various elicitation techniques to derive alternative and solutions
- Utilise various NLP techniques throughout the training
Who Should Attend
All corporate professionals and individuals who need to negotiate with business associates, vendors, customers and colleagues in any setting.
- The Mind-Set, Behavioural Traits and Skills-Set of an Effective Negotiator
- Knowing and Understanding Your Negotiation Abilities and Qualities
- Negotiation Process Versus Content
- Preparatory Tactics Management: Timing and Setting
- Diagnose Explicit and Hidden Needs Versus Wants: At Organisational and Individual Level
- Control The Time, Place, Person Negotiation Climate
- Questions and Statements to Reinforce Common Ground, Needs and Interest
- How to Communicate in Negotiation?
- Body Language During Negotiation for Greater Advantage
- Listening Skills to Improve on Negotiated Results
- Managing Critical Questioning and Answering Techniques
- Internal Team Control Signals for Team Negotiation
- Understanding What is BATNA
- How to Apply Opening Tactics n a Negotiation
- How to Choose from The General Tactics to Move Your Negotiation Toward the Desired Direction
- How to Apply Counter Tactics in Different Settings
- Steps for Concession-Making and Gaining
- Positive Signals to Close the Negotiation
- How to Handle Difficult Negotiators
- Employ powerful and dynamic presentations techniques that will increase knowledge, enhance learning, heighten motivation and awareness
- Include role-play sessions and other experiential activities to make learning more effective and real
- Include interactive tools to “probe the comfort zone”
- Include group discussions and feedback to maximise the participants’ learning abilities
Wekie Tay is an established regional Trainer, a sough-after Speaker, a published author as well as a Professional Excellence Consultant. He takes an immense interest in the various aspects of human development and the dynamism of its interaction process. He also brings with him more than 21 years of experience in conducting numerous talks, training workshops and keynote speeches for hundreds of multi-national corporations, government agencies, organisations, and schools on a myriad of professional development and life skills. He has trained and spoken to hundreds of organisations and over 100,000 individuals in his seminars, workshops and coaching throughout Singapore, USA, Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam and other regions.
He is a Bilingual Neuro-Linguistic Programming Trainer, Master Practitioner and Design Human Engineer. Wekie is also a Graduate and Practitioner in Mind Mastery and an American Management Association Certified Trainer. He is a Distinguished Toastmaster, Public Speaking Contests winner and has served as Division Governor in addition to receiving various awards. Wekie is also regularly featured and interviewed by the media such as The New Paper, LianHe ZaoBao, The Straits Times, LianHe WanBao, Radio 95.8FM and 97.2FM and is fluent in Mandarin.
For more information on our negotiation courses here in Singapore, please complete the enquiry form.
Quick InformationThe art of effective negotiation forms the foundational basis for the expansion of a business as well as a consolidation of its position.
+65 6842 6666