Competency-based Interviews (In-House Training)Human Capital Management
Course Date & Course Fee
- Applicable for In-House Training (Quote Upon Request)
Effective organisations and managers recognize that a significant part of building an effective and productive organisation is employing quality people. Interviewing has been identified as a critical management skill. Unplanned and “trial and error” interviewing result in failure. The competency-based selection interviewing provides an approach to interviewing that is behavioural-focused. The approach once mastered will transform a participant’s ability to interview effectively. The program will support the recruitment of employees who are more effective, productive and are satisfied with their jobs; thus, increasing the number of individuals who are productive and reach productivity standards quickly.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Use a structured selection process to predict applicants’ job performance.
- Explain the selection process and used an Interview Guide in preparing, conducting and managing the interview to select the right people.
- Use well-thought-out behavioural questioning techniques.
- Establish and build rapport with the applicant.
- Utilise job-related core competencies in the interview process.
- Maintain the image of the organization and ensure that the dignity of the applicant is preserved.
Who Should Attend
Staff, who are required to interview candidates for both internal placement and recruitment from an external pool of candidates for their units, would find this program helpful to their project roles and responsibilities.
- The context for behavioural-based Interviewing, Performance and Competencies
- Collecting Behavioral-based Information using a structured approach
- Skills Practice
- Components of an Interview & Key
- Interviewing Principles – Interview Guide & Reviewing Candidate Resume
- Interview Questioning Sequence
- “Practice - Follow-up Qs”
- Other considerations in building candidate engagement and impression
- Skills Practices
- Decision making in selection interviewing based on behavioural based information
This program will be delivered via conceptual briefing using written and visual aids. Skills practices, skill-building exercises and small-large group discussions will be used to expand and sharpen participant interviewing skills. The workshop leader will facilitate group discussions and feedback on the application of techniques, actual job situations and related exercises.
Quick InformationEffective organisations and managers recognize that a significant part of building an effective and productive organisation is employing quality people. Interviewing has been identified as a critical management skill.
+65 6842 6666