Business Sustainability and Carbon Footprint Management (NEW!)Business Management / Sustainability
|Course Dates||11 Dec 2023 9:00am - 12 Dec 2023 5:00pm|
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 8% GST
In the next 10 years, 55,000 jobs are expected to be created as Singapore pursues sustainable development. Jobs in the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) sector in Singapore increased 257% in three years between April 2019 to April 2022 as climate change becomes part of the agenda by companies and businesses.
According to the SSG Skills Demand for the Future Economy Report 2022, Environmental, sustainability, and compliance-related green skills are the most transferable across sectors and job roles, and are ‘no regrets’ moves for one to upskill in.
Carbon footprint management, as the 2nd top priority skills for the green economy, has become a highly valuable skill due to its significant impact on environmental sustainability and its relevance across various sectors.
This comprehensive course equips participants with a holistic understanding of sustainability principles and the effective management of carbon footprints.
By exploring the UN Sustainable Development Goals, environmental, social, and governance pillars, global and local regulatory landscapes of climate action as well as initiatives such as the Singapore Green Plan, participants will gain valuable insights into the green economy landscape. The course culminates in a deep dive into carbon footprint management, providing tools and techniques to measure, reduce, and offset carbon emissions. This enables participants to drive meaningful change within their organizations and contribute to a more sustainable future.
Upon completion of this workshop, the participants will be able to;
- gain a comprehensive understanding of sustainable development principles
- Identify and map material ESG factors along the value chain
- identify opportunities and risks related to sustainability
- measure corporate carbon footprint and apply carbon mitigation strategies
- integrate sustainability considerations into their business operations and make informed decisions that align with global sustainability goals.
- Professionals, managers, entrepreneurs, and decision-makers who are committed to driving sustainability initiatives within their organizations.
- Professionals looking to equip themselves with the right skills to take advantage of career opportunities in the green economy
- Working professionals seeking to acquire new skill/knowledge domain in sustainability for career growth/career change
- Sustainable Development
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Environmental, Social and Governance Pillars of Sustainability
- Climate-Related Risks & Opportunities
- Green House Gas and Climate Change
- COP21/Paris Agreement
- Singapore Green Plan and Climate Commitment
- Step-by-Step Guide to Measuring Corporate Carbon Footprint
- GHG Protocol
- Identify and calculate Scope 1, 2 & 3 Carbon Emissions
- Carbon Mitigating Hierarchy
- Manage Carbon Footprint through Carbon Credit and Renewable energy certificates
- Carbon strategies to Reduce Carbon Footprint
Lectures and Presentations: Engaging presentations will cover theoretical concepts, frameworks, and case studies, providing a strong foundation for participants.
Interactive Workshops: Collaborative workshops will encourage participants to apply their knowledge through group discussions, problem-solving activities, and hands-on exercises.
Real-world Case Studies: Examining real-life examples, including the Singapore Green Plan and analysing various live MNC sustainability reports to gain practical insights into the implementation of sustainability initiatives.
Carbon Footprint Analysis: Participants will engage in exercises to measure, assess, and develop strategies for managing carbon footprints.
Lynn Foo is a learning and development professional specialising in Leadership, PDPA, Design Thinking/Agile, Corporate Sustainability Strategies, Carbon Footprint Management, Circular Economy and ESG Reporting.
She is currently a sustainability trainer for various programmes including the SkillsFuture Queen Bee Programme - Advancing Towards a Sustainable Industry 4.0, designed to help uplift the skillsets of the ecosystem for transformation towards a sustainable operating model. The participants in her classes encompass a diverse range of professionals, including managers, heads of departments, executives in C-suite positions, and business owners. She is also a sustainability courseware developer for various IHLs and approved training providers.
As an IBM Certified Enterprise Design Thinking Instructor and Certified Scum Master, she coaches professionals in using the circular economy business models and the IBM Design Thinking framework to create sustainable products and services.
As a business practitioner, Lynn has more than 20 years of industry experience spearheading various portfolios including business development; corporate strategy, development and implementation of sustainability initiatives and regulatory compliance.
With her substantive corporate experience and extensive training experience, Lynn brings to her participants a dynamic appreciation of workable practices that is strongly grounded in sound theory and result-oriented applications.
Lynn holds a degree in Business Administration and the Advanced Certificate in Integrating Sustainability for a Future-Ready Business (SMU). She is a certified Lead Auditor for ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System) and an accredited Green Mark Associate (Singapore Green Building Council). She is also an IBM certified Design Thinking Instructor, certified Scrum Master, certified Information Privacy Manager and an IMDA approved PDPA trainer.
Quick InformationThis comprehensive course equips participants with a holistic understanding of sustainability principles and the effective management of carbon footprints.
+65 6842 6666