Blue Ocean Strategy (In-House Training)Business Management / Sustainability
Course Date & Course Fee
- Applicable for In-House Training (Quote Upon Request)
This programme introduces the key concepts, frameworks and tools of blue ocean strategy and lays out the fundamental methodology for creating and capturing blue oceans of new market space. Using cases where applicable, participants will understand the core concepts of blue ocean strategy and explore and study the logic of blue ocean strategic moves in a real business setting.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Learn how Blue Ocean Strategy is ‘put into action” in businesses with practical, hands-on tools and methodologies
- Learn how to ‘wake up” their organizations to the need for change and explore options on how to quickly and effectively create a blunt understanding of their businesses in value innovation terms
- Learn the family of blue ocean strategy/value innovation tools and methodologies – including PMS Map, strategy Canvas, Buyer Experience Cycle, Six Paths Framework – providing insights into how to unlock the possibility of creating new markets
- Learn the process of aligning utility, price and cost propositions as they identify strategic options that dramatically raise customer utility while achieving lower costs for the company
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Managers, heads of Department, Supervisors, Executives, Team Leaders, Sales Personnel and anyone who wants to master blue ocean strategy.
Module 1: Focus On The Big Picture, Not The Numbers
- Focusing On The Big Picture: what Blue Ocean is and is not
- Drawing Your Strategy Canvas
- The Four Steps Of Visualizing Strategy
- Step 1: Visual Awakening
- Step 2: Visual Exploration
- Step 3: Visual Strategy Fair
- Step 4: Visual Communication
- Visualizing Strategy At The Corporate Level
- Using The Strategy Canvas
- Using The Pioneer-Migrator-Settler (PMS) Map
- Overcoming The Limitations Of Strategic Planning
Module 2: Reach Beyond Existing Demand
- The Three Tiers Of Noncustomers
- First-Tier Noncustomers
- Second-Tier Noncustomers
- Third-Tier Noncustomers
- Go For The Biggest Catchment
Module 3: Value Innovation
- The 6 paths Framework towards innovation
- Look across alternative industries
- Look across strategic groups
- Look across the chain of buyers
- Look across complementary product and service offerings
- Look across functional-emotional appeal for buyers
- Look across time
Module 4: Overcome Key Organizational Hurdles
- Tipping Point Leadership In Action
- The Pivotal Lever: Disproportionate Influence Factors
- Break Through The Cognitive Hurdle
- Jump The Resource Hurdle
- Jump The Motivational Hurdle
- Knock Over The Political Hurdle
- Challenging Conventional Wisdom
This workshop will be conducted in an interactive style. The methodology used includes a combination of lectures, group discussions, exercises, presentations and videos. Participants are expected to apply their analytical thinking and actively contribute to the class discussions.
Mr Andrew Cheah, an MBA degree qualification from the University of Portsmouth, UK, has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change, and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from such diverse industries (see list below) as banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir. Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as the International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl, Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia (2007), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass and Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified) at the professional level. In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist (New York).
Quick InformationThis programme introduces the key concepts, frameworks and tools of blue ocean strategy and lays out the fundamental methodology for creating and capturing blue oceans of new market space.
+65 6842 6666