Assertiveness Techniques and ApproachesCommunication - Spoken
|Course Dates||17 Oct 2022 9:00am - 18 Oct 2022 5:00pm|
20 Feb 2023 9:00am - 21 Feb 2023 5:00pm
04 May 2023 9:00am - 05 May 2023 5:00pm
04 Sep 2023 9:00am - 05 Sep 2023 5:00pm
06 Nov 2023 9:00am - 07 Nov 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF GRANT REIMBURSEMENT (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2017500006
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
Working professionals require essential assertiveness skills that would make them more respected by those working with them.
The modern culture also demands that the staff get their points across with flair. In addition, they are expected to contribute to the organisations while taking on a lot of stress and responsibilities.
Assertiveness Training will give the participants an insight into the ways they can boost their communication abilities and in the process, become more confident and assertive.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Learn assertive strategies for coping with multiple situations
- Use techniques that enable them to speak and assert with greater confidence
- Respond effectively with proper communication methods
- Understand the psychology of assertiveness
- Make requests more assertively
- Speak confidently, powerfully and effectively
- Handle stress and criticism with ease
- Become more assertive in handling difficult people and issues
Who Should Attend
Professionals, Executives, Supervisors, Managers and Individuals who want to effectively communicate with assertiveness in getting their point across and be heard respectfully.
- What is Assertiveness?
- Understanding the Degree of Assertiveness
- Factors Affecting Assertive Behaviour
- Removing Barriers to Assertiveness
- Displaying Assertiveness at the Workplace
- Saying “No!”
- Assertiveness Assessment
- Steps for Assertiveness
- How to be Effectively Assertive
- The Assertive Intervention at Work
- Apply the Five Cs of Assertiveness
- Responding to Criticisms
- Giving Constructive Criticism
- Managing Conflicts with others at Work
- Communicating and Asserting as a Professional
- How to use Assertive Language Artfully?
- Confronting Difficult People with Proper Assertiveness
Employ powerful and dynamic presentations techniques that will increase knowledge, enhance learning, heighten motivation and awareness.
- Include role play sessions and other experiential activities to make learning more effective and real
- Include interactive tools to “probe the comfort zone”
- Include group discussions and feedback to maximize the participants’ learning abilities
Wekie Tay is an established regional Trainer, a sough-after Speaker, a published author as well as a Professional Excellence Consultant. He takes immense interest in the various aspects of human development and the dynamism of its interaction process. He also brings with him more than 21 years of experience in conducting numerous talks, training workshops and keynote speeches for hundreds of multi-national corporations, government agencies,organisations, and schools on a myriad of professional development and life skills. He has trained and spoken to hundreds of organisations and over 100,000 individuals in his seminars, workshops and coaching throughout Singapore, USA, Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam and other regions.
He is a Bilingual Neuro-Linguistic Programming Trainer, Master Practitioner and Design Human Engineer. Wekie is also a Graduate and Practitioner in Mind Mastery and an American Management Association Certified Trainer. He is a Distinguished Toastmaster, Public Speaking Contests winner and has served as Division Governor in addition to receiving various awards. Wekie is also regularly featured and interviewed by the media such as The New Paper, LianHe ZaoBao, The Straits Times, LianHe WanBao, Radio 95.8FM and 97.2FM and is fluent in Mandarin.
Quick InformationWorking professionals require essential assertiveness skills that would make them more respected by those working with them.
+65 6842 6666