Understanding the Supply Chain Process and PlanningBusiness Management
Course Date & Course Fee
- Applicable for In-House Training (Quote Upon Request)
This workshop aims to understand better the overview of supply chains design and processes, covering the importance of forecasting, inventory management, and distributing products effectively and efficiently through the distribution centre.
Participants will be introduced to the supply chains performance metrics - How to apply and measure suppliers' performance effectively and how to implement corrective actions to improve the supply system continuously.
This module also covers a fundamental perspective of the importance of proper planning and execution of project transportation.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- The supply chain design and its processes
- How to apply and measure supplier performance
- The benefits of forecasting and planning to improve inventory management and distribution cost
- Basic marine insurance and claims procedure
Who Should Attend
- Logistics, Operations and Warehouse personnel who are responsible for purchasing, planning and shipping of customer orders
- Sales, Marketing and Finance personnel are encouraged to gain good logistics knowledge when preparing for their sales negotiation and distribution costs.
- Overview of Supply Chains design and its processes
- Understanding of Supply Chains performance metrics
- Effective decision making on distribution channels
- Why do we need to outsource our operations and services
- Importance of Forecasting and Planning
- Essential contractual requirement and procedure
- Overview of project transportation
- Understanding of shipping insurance and claims procedure
Graduated with Bachelor Degree in Transport and Logistics Management (RMIT), Mr David Phua has been working in the Speciality Chemicals and Palm Oil MNC manufacturing industry. Being in this trade for more than 25 years, he takes care of challenging roles such as the first mile delivery in the US and Europe and the last mile delivery in Southeast Asia. Apart from this primary role, David is cross-functioning in
- Logistics management
- End to end Supply Chain management
- Order to Cash process management
- Handling of dangerous chemicals (shipping &storage )
- Warehouse & Inventory management
- Project management
As APAC Customer Service Manager, he hires, trains and mentors a team of Customer Service executives in Singapore, China, Korea and Japan. Having a passion for training and mentoring young individuals to becoming Logistics Professionals, David pursued to improve himself by becoming a qualified trainer. He attained his Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment - IAL (ACTA-IAL). Through his years as a Regional Head of Department for Logistics and Customer Service, he has acquired and developed soft skills like leadership, creative thinking, communication skills, motivation and decision-making.
Quick InformationThe aim of this module is to provide a better understanding of the overview of supply chains design and processes.
+65 6842 6666