|Course Dates||20 Jan 2021 9:00am - 20 Jan 2021 5:00pm|
05 Apr 2021 9:00am - 05 Apr 2021 5:00pm
07 Jul 2021 9:00am - 07 Jul 2021 5:00pm
17 Nov 2021 9:00am - 17 Nov 2021 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
At work, you may find expression of certain emotions can adversely affect your relationships with others. One such difficult emotion is anger. While anger is natural and healthy, it can become a serious problem if not managed well.
When anger is frequent or overwhelming, it hinders work performance significantly. Also as Managers and Executives, we may be called upon to deal with angry colleagues. It can be challenging if you are not familiar with the appropriate way to understand the psychology behind and deal with it.
However, anger and other difficult emotions can be very constructive if managed well. It can become a powerful tool for leadership and innovation.
This workshop is aimed at imparting effective skills in managing anger and how to use it to enhance leadership skills and motivate others.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Learn how the expression of certain emotions can adversely affect your relationships with others
- Manage difficult emotions like anger more effectively at the workplace
- Employ positive anger energy for a constructive outcome
- Enhance people management skills and customer service
Who Should Attend
Mid-level Managers, Executive and Admin Support Staff.
Module 1: What Is Anger?
- Recognising Anger
- Expressing Anger
- Screening of Video - Anger Management and Discussion
Module 2: Dangers of Suppressed Anger
- Anxiety and Depression
- Broken Relationships
- Chronic Illnesses
Module 3: Various Types of Anger
- Behavioural, Verbal, Passive, Self-Inflicted
- Screening of Video - Coaching To Manage Conflict and Discussion
Module 4: Sources of Anger
- The Nine Sources
- Screening of Video - Conflict On The Line and Discussion
Module 5: The Five Steps Approach to Managing Anger
- Think it Trough
- Pick Option
- Check Progress
Module 6: Other Ways to Manage Anger
- Using Stress Relief Therapy
- Screening of Video - The Joy Of Stress and Discussion
Lecture, DVD Case Study and Discussion
Jeffrey Goh graduated from the Teacher’s Training College in 1968 and taught a total of 5 years before he was enlisted for National Service. He was absorbed into regular service and served the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) for 22 years before he opted for early retirement in May 1992. While there, he was instrumental in the setting up of SAF’s School of Methods of Instruction (SOMI) – a training institute set up to train SAF officers and specialist techniques of effective communication. He was Head, Public Relations for six years in the Ministry of Defence and has trained various SAF and MINDEF personnel on PR and skills like how to manage complaints from the public.
As a PR/Training Consultant for the past 16 years, he specializes in event management, media relations, marketing and product publicity, conferences, seminars and exhibitions. He is also involved in personal development courses covering public, government and community relations, interpersonal skills; customer service; leadership; basic management and motivation. Some of his clients include Singapore Press Holdings, Thomson Multimedia, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Defence, Sony Display Device, Lend Lease Asia, EM Services, POSBank, GE Life and others. He has trained in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong, China and Cambodia and has spoken at conferences and seminars organized by the Institute of International Research, Asia Business Forum and Success Resources.
To date, Major Goh has conducted several seminars for MDIS in the areas of Management skills, Business Presentation Skills and Motivational Skills. Below are some of the comments from the participants:
- Speaker is very entertaining and responds to feedback promptly.
- Discussion sessions and interaction with the speaker is very helpful.
- Speaker is very practical and relates to a real-life situation.
- Interaction and information sharing encouraged by the speaker are helpful.
Quick InformationThis workshop is aimed at imparting effective skills in managing anger and how to use it to enhance leadership skills and motivate others.
+65 6842 6666