Managerial Leadership for Mid-Level ManagersTeam Leadership
|Course Dates||01 Feb 2021 9:00am - 02 Feb 2021 5:00pm|
11 May 2021 9:00am - 12 May 2021 5:00pm
23 Aug 2021 9:00am - 24 Aug 2021 5:00pm
18 Nov 2021 9:00am - 19 Nov 2021 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
Increasingly, research, anecdotal evidence and leadership experience has pointed to a critical point of failure in strategy execution – the middle management. While lofty strategies are crafted by senior leaders in consultation with expensive consultants armed with high powered big data analytics, many companies have come to the realisation that strategies often fail because the message are not effectively carried through and actions are often misaligned and misdirected at the operations level. This is due to failure at the middle management level.
With more and more realisation of the important role of middle managers in strategy execution and employee engagement, there is a growing need to strengthen this area to ensure sustainability of the business.
On the other hand, middle managers are increasingly feeling like the sandwiched class. Higher expectations from the top, driven by dynamic and challenging business environments, such as having to manage a diverse group of employees comprising of the millennial, Gen Y, Gen X and the Baby Boomers.
This 2-days workshop is specifically designed for middle managers to understand the critical nature of their role and equip them with the right skill sets and mindset to perform effectively.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles of an effective manager
- Understand the importance of self-leadership in the growth and progression of a manager
- Learn and practice the related competency categories for managers and leaders
- Exercise and experience the impact of applying managerial leadership competencies in simulated scenarios in the workshop
- Learn application of managerial leadership competencies in the various core roles of a manager
Who Should Attend
Team leaders, People Managers, Managers of managers, Senior Leadership Teams, Professionals seeking both professional and personal growth.
Module 1: Understanding the Leadership Pipeline
- Leadership progression
- Skills and competencies at different stages of leadership
- Skill application scenarios
Module 2: The Classical role of Managers +1
- The role of planning
- Organising resources
- Motivating team members
- Controlling, measuring and tracking
Module 3: Understanding Managerial Competencies
- Team leadership and enlisting cooperation of others, team communication
- Planning and organising, team communication, results oriented
- Leadership, accountability, results oriented
- Team cooperation, team communication and leadership
Module 4: Effective Managerial Leadership
- Understanding managerial leadership challenges
- What are the skills and competencies needed
- Role modelling
Module 5: Building Self-Leadership
- Creating self-awareness
- Johari window
Module 6: Building Managerial Competencies
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Managing difficult conversations
This is a highly experiential and interactive workshop where 70% of the time, participants will be engaged in games, discussion and activities. Training comprises of a combination of:
- 1. Concept Presentation
- 2. Role Plays
- 3. Individual and Group Feedback & Coaching
- 4. Application Presentation with Group Review
- 5. Experiential Games and Activities
Hoe Choy (HC) has close to 30 years of practical, hands-on experience in leading, designing and implementing learning solutions, talent development programs, and organisation branding & employee engagement initiatives for multi-national corporations (MNCs) across Asia. Having trained thousands of professionals, managers and senior leaders across different cultures, HC is now using his experience to focus on helping build successful organisation through high performance teams.
HC past appointments include careers with Molex Far East South Management as Regional Training Manager, Dell Global BV a Senior Manager, L&OD (South Asia) and CSC Asia as Director of L&OD. He has also held manufacturing appointments with GM Singapore and Baxter Healthcare. He was on secondment to Singapore’s Economic Development Board prior to making a career switch to people development in 1995. His last held appointment was Area Leader, L&D Training (Asia, Pacific, Middle East & Africa) for Abbott Laboratories, where he was a member of Abbott’s Global L&D Leadership Team.
Quick InformationWith more and more realisation of the important role of middle managers in strategy execution and employee engagement, there is a growing need to strengthen this area to ensure sustainability of the business.
+65 6842 6666