English Immersion Programmes
The English Immersion Programme aims to help international students aged 14 to 18 years to speak and write better English; and to gain a basic foundation in English while experiencing student life in Singapore and discovering a uniquely Singaporean experience.
- Build a strong foundation in the four key areas of English which includes Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Discover what it is like to live and study in Singapore
Listening and Speaking
The Listening and Speaking module aims to help students in gaining confidence and competency in communicating in English by developing their pronunciation. It also develops students' ability to communicate in everyday situations. A structured approach in our speaking programme gives students opportunities for more extended and creative oral practice e.g. presentations, simulations, debates, speeches, public service announcements and more.
- Listening Skills
- Identify different types of discourse
- Different listening strategies
- Conversation Skills
- Understand conversation, verbalise punctuation and conversational markers
- Role-plays e.g. meeting people, at the store, asking for help, etc.
- Tell stories and jokes e.g. use stress patterns, tones and non-verbal cues
- Describe yourself and someone else
Reading and Writing
The Reading and Writing module helps to build students' foundation in English grammar as well as vocabulary. It develops students' English proficiency to a level sufficient to receive instruction in academic discourse. A new, fully integrated writing section leads students through the writing process with engaging writing assignments focusing on various rhetorical modes.
- Foundation English
- Basic grammar structure
- Proper articulation of numbers and values
- Essential vocabulary for everyday communication
Management Development and Consultancy will plan and organise the camp for a minimum capacity of 30 international students (one-week, two-week, three-week or four-week programme) to meet their learning needs and budget.