Internal Control Masterclass (In-House Training)Risk Management / ChatGPT
Course Date & Course Fee
- Applicable for In-House Training (Quote Upon Request)
If you believe fraud is a threat to you and your organisation, we are here to show you how internal control can assist in mitigating fraud risk. Fraud can come in multiple scenarios and from various functions, including financial statement, operational fraud and corruption. It is never easy to identify the face of fraud, but you can enhance the system to prevent and detect fraud.
Internal control is reckoned as an essential component in managing fraud risk. It can demonstrate how an organisation could bring down Fraud Risk systematically, within the operating system of people and IT. Let this two-day programme shows you how internal controls can be implemented effectively for core processes; procurement, cash receipt and disbursement, inventory and fixed assets.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Understand the objectives of internal controls
- Apply internal controls in the good control environment for effectiveness
- Demonstrate how internal controls can be implemented within existing processes, to prevent and detect fraud and errors
- Interrelate and use internal controls to mitigate fraud risk, specifically for core processes
- Learn and implement internal controls effectively within your organisations across all functions, at all levels of personnel
Who Should Attend
- Internal Audit Executives and Managers
- Finance and Accounting Officers and Managers
- Operations and other function Executives and Managers
- Compliance officers
- Strategic and Planning Executives and Managers
- Risk Managers and Fraud Prevention Officers
- Introduction to Internal Controls
- Integrated Internal Control System
- The Basics of Risk management
- The Control Environment
- The Risk Assessment
- Control Activities
- Information and Communication
- How to develop effective control activities and environment
Instructor-led Presentations with class exercises, group discussion, simulation exercises and case studies
Sylvia Lim specialises in coaching, consulting and training on business risk management and fraud awareness. She has worked with the Big Four accounting firms, multinational corporations and local companies in Hong Kong and Singapore for over ten years.
During her career with PricewaterhouseCoopers Hong Kong, Sylvia has conducted numerous types of training programme on corporate governance, internal controls and anti-fraud to the directors of companies listed in Hong Kong. Besides, she was extensively involved in risk management, internal control, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance projects in the Asia Pacific.
Quick InformationIf you believe fraud is a threat to you and your organisation, we are here to show you how internal control can assist in mitigating fraud risk.
+65 6842 6666