Excellent People Skills at WorkCommunication - General
|Course Dates||14 Nov 2022 9:00am - 15 Nov 2022 5:00pm|
22 Feb 2023 9:00am - 23 Feb 2023 5:00pm
10 May 2023 9:00am - 11 May 2023 5:00pm
10 Aug 2023 9:00am - 11 Aug 2023 5:00pm
02 Nov 2023 9:00am - 03 Nov 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2017500008
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
Effective people skills open doors for better understanding and stronger support among people in the workplace. Your success, fulfilment and happiness depend on your ability to relate effectively. In this world of high technology, you must never sacrifice the high touch necessity for warm and rewarding relationships.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Gain insight into your personality and how it will impact your relationships with others
- Relate to others effectively, especially difficult people or customers
- Use effective communication and motivational skills to get the best out of people
- Use interpersonal skills to improve inter and intra-departmental working relationships for organisational excellence
Who Should Attend
The staff of all levels
Module 1: Emotional Intelligence
- Identify your Emotional Intelligence (EQ) level
- What are people reading?
Module 2: Communication Styles
- Identify your own personality type using the Enneagram profile tool and how it impacts others
- Identification, demonstration and practice of interpersonal skills using the nine Enneagram types
Module 3: People Motivation
- Getting things done through effective communication and motivation styles
- Practical ways in handling difficult situations and people tactfully and sensitively
- Master the art of assertive skills
Module 4: Conflict Management
- Managing difficult situations using the outcome-relationship graph
Lecturing, Group Discussion/Brainstorming, Case Studies, Self-Analysis/Critique Session, Learning from a Partner, Interactive Exercises.
Caroline Josephine Dawson holds a Master of Arts degree in Mass Communications from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. She has more than 8 years of invaluable experience in teaching business, environmental and technical communication and 10 years in the field of journalism and publishing. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
As an Editor of 4 publications, i.e. Executive Inc, The Hemispheres, The Hemispheres Kid and Koolkidz Magazine, Caroline is presented with opportunities to conduct all facets of written communication to not only the corporate sector but students and aspiring writers as well. Caroline has also written several articles which have all been published in established local magazines. Her dissertation “Effective Ways of Promoting Environmental Consciousness among School Children in Singapore” is kept in Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and various nature organisations in Singapore as resource and reference material on environmental and persuasive communication.
In addition, her professional work experience as a Corporate Trainer has required her to market the value of her programs and persuade clients to value and understand the urgency of good communication skills in the workforce. She has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore to develop training content for the Employability Skills System where she successfully attained industry-approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency-based assessments for workshops.
Quick InformationEffective people skills open doors for better understanding and stronger support among people in the workplace.
+65 6842 6666