Establishing an Effective Enterprise Risk Management ProcessRisk Management
|Course Dates||14 Dec 2022 9:00am - 14 Dec 2022 5:00pm|
24 Feb 2023 9:00am - 24 Feb 2023 5:00pm
23 Jun 2023 9:00am - 23 Jun 2023 5:00pm
17 Nov 2023 9:00am - 17 Nov 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 8% GST
The implementation of a formal enterprise risk management (ERM) process is not only meant to comply with corporate governance requirements. Organisations that make use of risk management as an important tool for strategic decision-making are equipping themselves with the knowledge to make efficient and well-informed business decisions—anticipating and mitigating risk, seizing opportunities, allocating limited resources more effectively and enabling better overall business performance.
This intensive 1-day programme would provide participants with detailed guidance on establishing a formal ERM process, as well as useful references on ERM frameworks and sample templates, to help participants take immediate action to strengthen the existing risk management process of their organisations.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Understand about corporate governance and risk management compliance
- Gain access to practical suggestions on risk management compliance
- Learn about the different risk management maturity levels
- Understand and define risk strategy, risk culture and risk appetite for your organisation
- Learn about different risk management frameworks
- Build a formal risk management process
- Identify common risk factors
- Conduct risk assessment
- Formulate effective risk responses and risk reporting mechanism
- Develop practical risk management documentation (e.g. risk management policy, risk management framework, risk register, etc.) with provided templates
Who Should Attend
Senior management, finance, risk, internal controls professionals who are tasked with the responsibility to develop or enhance the company’s risk management process or who would like to understand more about enterprise risk management.
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Singapore Code of Corporate Governance
- Risk management compliance
- Typical risk management activities
- Enterprise risk management
- Levels of risk management maturity
- ERM vs traditional risk management
- Benefits of a formal ERM approach and framework
- Establishing an ERM structure
- Risk management strategy
- Risk management culture
- Risk management policy
- Risk management roles and responsibilities
- Implementing an ERM process
- Risk identification (with examples of common risk factors being provided)
- Risk assessment
- Risk treatment
- Risk reporting
- Risk monitoring
- Common challenges faced when designing and implementing an ERM process
- Case studies discussion
Mini-lectures, group discussions, case studies sharing.
Sylvia Lim specialises in coaching, consulting and training on business risk management and fraud awareness. She has worked with the Big Four accounting firms, multinational corporations and local companies in Hong Kong and Singapore for over 10 years.
During her career with PricewaterhouseCoopers Hong Kong, Sylvia has conducted a various training programme on corporate governance, internal controls and anti-fraud to the directors of companies listed in Hong Kong. She has also been extensively involved in risk management, internal control, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance projects in the Asia Pacific.
Quick InformationThe implementation of a formal enterprise risk management (ERM) process is not only meant to comply with corporate governance requirements.
+65 6842 6666