Crisis Management and CommunicationCommunication - General
|Course Dates||07 Feb 2023 9:00am - 07 Feb 2023 5:00pm|
09 May 2023 9:00am - 09 May 2023 5:00pm
03 Aug 2023 9:00am - 03 Aug 2023 5:00pm
07 Nov 2023 9:00am - 07 Nov 2023 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 8% GST
- COMPANY-SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF Grant Reimbursement (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
Course Reference No.: TGS-2016500069
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
This workshop is aimed at helping employees understand why dealing with the crisis is beneficial to them and the organisation. It is all about being on top of such crises and not let them topple you.
It will cover identifying ‘minefields’ and developing level-headed approaches to deal with the situation to maintain or even increase confidence in the organisation. We will discuss issues like the spiral of confidence and a siege mentality. Participants will be exposed to practical situations and be encouraged to use the knowledge learnt to defuse these potential threats.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Develop a conceptual understanding of crises and issues, recognising the differences between them.
- Identify target audiences
- Have an understanding of how crises are managed more by leadership and management
- Develop awareness on managing communication in dealing with the four levels of outrage and risks faced by the public
- Develop a deeper understanding through case studies.
- Have tools – like a crisis management protocol - to deal with difficult situations at the workplace and a game plan change.
Who Should Attend
- What is Crisis, recent global trends and historical perspectives
- Definitions and types of crises issues which do not need a crisis-level response
- The Cycle of Crisis Management the full cycle in dealing with a crisis
- Interdepartmental relations, data bank, spokespersons
- Prevention aspect which focuses on knowledge management
- Confidence-building versus being under siege
- Case studies to discern the approach taken by the Comms team.
- Dealing with the Crisis and managing both internal and external communications (including social media) for various forms of crises.
- Make Communications Matter, guidelines on handling a crisis – empathy, accuracy
Powerpoint presentation, Group Discussions, Case studies, Roleplay and Scenarios.
James Suresh is a trainer, PR consultant and author. The co-creator of Singapore’s comic icon ‘Mr. Kiasu’, He has co-written a series of comic books as well as authored books on his military experience. He develops comic strips for magazines and writes scripts for various media. His recent book entitled‘On a Street in Singapore’ was featured in the Sunday Times’ best-seller list and was awarded the Readers Choice award 2011. James is also a Certified EQ trainer.
Quick InformationThis workshop is aimed at helping employees understand why dealing with the crisis is beneficial to them and the organisation. It is all about being on top of such crises and not let them topple you.
+65 6842 6666