Becoming a Polished Presenter (In-House Training)Communication - Spoken
Course Date & Course Fee
Applicable for In-House Training (Quote Upon Request)
Every day, people from every walk of life find themselves in front of an audience presenting their thoughts and ideas. Sometimes the stakes are huge. For many individuals, the process related to preparing and delivering a compelling presentation is often fraught with frustration.
This course will supply all the hands-on instruction and practical tools you need to design and deliver effective and engaging presentations.
You will be walked through the various phases of the presentation from the preparation phase right through the delivery phase and pick up useful tips on how to deal with the challenging Q&A segment effectively. The programme delivery combines both theories and practice through video recordings for self-awareness and trainer recommendations for improvements.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Learn to manage your nerves and gain confidence
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of body language
- Discover techniques to produce better vocal engagement
- Learn effective techniques to help you structure and organise your content
- Learn practical audience engagement techniques
- Discover the do’s and don’ts of using visual aids
- Learn how to manage the question and answer segment with credibility and poise
Who Should Attend
Business professionals and anyone whose job requires delivering an effective and engaging presentation.
- Getting Started
- Understanding the Persuasiveness of Presentations
- Triumphing Over Stage Fright
- Managing Your Nerves.
- Learning the Fundamentals of Presenting
- Preparing the Presentation
- Defining the Central Message
- Developing the Central Message
- Introducing “The Presenters Pyramid”
- Structuring and Organising Your Content.
- Delivering the Presentation
- Speaking with Vocal Energy
- Delivery Techniques
- Using Visual Energy
- Using Body Language Effectively
- Using Visual Aids
- The Power of Powerpoint
- Practice Session
- Techniques for an Engaging Presentation
- Presenter Focused Engagement Techniques
- Content Focused Engagement Techniques
- Using Humour to Your Advantage
- Audience Profiling
- The Importance of Understanding and Connecting with Your Audience
- Why Audience Profiling is Important?
- How to Profile Your Audience?
- Meeting the Needs and Expectations of Diverse Audience.
- Handling the Question and Answer Session
- Overcoming Resistance.
- How to Handle Challenging Situations that May Arise During the Q&A.
- Establishing Confidence, Control and Credibility.
- Strategies to Help You Think on Your Feet.
- Practice Session
An interactive method will be used throughout the course comprising lectures, group discussions and hands-on exercises on the skills and attributes of making an effective and powerful presentation. Case studies will be used as well, and these will be analysed concerning style, content, language, effectiveness and logic. There will be several individual presentation exercises that will be video-recorded for critique and self-assessment.
Quick InformationEvery day, people from every walk of life find themselves in front of an audience presenting their thoughts and ideas. Sometimes the stakes are huge. For many individuals, the process related to preparing and delivering a compelling and powerful presentation is often fraught with frustration.
+65 6842 6666