Discovering your True Colors and building on People RelationshipsEmotional Intelligence
|Course Dates||29 Mar 2021 9:00am - 30 Mar 2021 5:00pm|
01 Jun 2021 9:00am - 02 Jun 2021 5:00pm
16 Sep 2021 9:00am - 17 Sep 2021 5:00pm
06 Dec 2021 9:00am - 07 Dec 2021 5:00pm
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
feesare inclusive of 7% GST
- COMPANY SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
SDF GRANT REIMBURSEMENT (Non-WSQ)
SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0045121
- INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Click HERE for more info on SkillsFuture.
Emotional intelligence or Quotient (EQ) describes the ability to understand one's personal feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behaviour. The concept of EQ was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985 and made popular by Daniel Goleman in the corporate context.
With the growing importance and relevance of emotions to work outcomes, everyone must learn the skill of developing good EQ. Using a practical profiling tool known as 'Click Colours', you will understand your true colours and why you behave the way you do. You will also learn how to click with others quickly according to their colours profile and build lasting relationships. This will help to enhance your life and help to interact better with others.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Define and identify the benefits of emotional intelligence with the knowledge to practise self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation and empathy
- Understand why relationships are the foundation of all achievement. This helps to use and manage your emotions when communicating with others
- Understand why people think and behave the way they do so that you can build rapport with colleagues, clients and customers
- Learn how to successfully communicate with others, verbally and in a non-verbal manner
- Strategies to identify your style so you can communicate effectively with others and boost your productivity
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace so you can connect with different personalities and to influence different types of people
Who Should Attend
Individuals, team leaders, supervisors and executives who desire to build great relationships with people on their team, as colleagues, partners or with customers to align your personal goals.
Module 1: Understanding the Importance of EQ
- What is Emotional Intelligence/ Quotient (EQ)
- How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
- Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
- Understand Emotional Meanings
Module 2: Behaviour Types and Personality Styles
- Why People Behave the way they do
- Personality Styles impact on how People Think, Feel and Act at work
- Successful People understand People better
- You can better manage your Emotions
Module 3: Relationship is the Key to Success
- Relationships are Foundation of all Achievements
- Developing a Strategic Relationship with People
- Diversity Impacts on the Workplace
Module 4: Using Personality Tool Click! Colours to Build Relationships
- Everyone has 4 Sub-Personalities
- The Analyser – Blue
- The Safekeeper - Green
- The Player – Yellow
- The Carer - Red
- Egocentric versus Empathetic Mindsets
- Case Study
Module 5: Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Focused Listening and Asking Questions
- Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
- Body Language - The Signals You Send to Others
- Case Study
Module 6: Applying Your EQ Strategy
- Tools to Regulate Your Emotions
- Self-Management and Self-Awareness
- Giving in Without Giving Up
- Using Coping Thoughts and Relaxation Techniques
- The Balance Between Optimism and Pessimism
Module 7: Business Practices
- Understand Emotions and How to Manage Them in the Workplace
- Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Disagreeing Constructively
- Case study
Module 8: Making an Impact the EQ Way
- Creating a Powerful First Impression
- Assessing a Situation
- Being Zealous without Being Offensive
- Case Study
Module 9: Developing Your EQ Strategy
- Identifying Personal Style
- Communicating with others and Boosting your Productivity
- Building Quality Workplace Relationships
- Improving Rapport with Colleagues, Clients and Partners
A practical approach consists of 70% on course application with hands-on techniques and 30% on conceptual and reflective learning. The training comprises a combination of:
- Pre and post-workshop questionnaire
- Self-reflection on learning points (using a journal)
- Visually stimulating sessions with video and image-rich presentation slides
- Group activities and break up discussions
- Real-life application activities
- Practical worksheets
- Useful checklists and systematic guidelines
- Follow through blended learning with e-learning modules (to be developed)
Application activities, bite-sized learning, practical sessions and application work.
Programme Trainer 1
Eric Cheong speaks at conferences and in-house seminars such as the 14th International Conference on Thinking and the International Conference on Habits of Mind. Eric hopes to promote global mental literacy in Asia, helping people to become better thinkers by activating their inherent brain skills to achieve success. He graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree with honours from the National University of Singapore.
Over the years, Eric has trained more than 5,000 executives, teachers and students across Asia. Some of his major clients include Oracle, Intel, Motorola, HSBC, ARUP, HK Securities, HK Exchange & Clearing Limited, Tuv Sud, Hewlett Packard, Singapore Airlines Ltd, Singapore Mass Rapid Transit Ltd and Singapore Power Ltd. He has also trained Singapore government agencies such as the Ministry of Education, National Heritage Board, Housing Development Board, Health Promotion Board, Supreme Court, Health Sciences Authority and Defence Science Organisation.
Programme Trainer 2
Lui Ng is the Senior Vice-President of Operation of Key ASIC, UCrest Bhd, United Crest Healthcare and co-founder and director of HB Resources Pte Ltd, Director of United Crest Capital and Canvas Technology Pte Ltd. She was leading the set-up of companies and businesses in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and in the U.S. in Silicon Valley. She has participated in the process of IPO of two companies.
Her expertise in the management and operation of the companies include HR, general administration, sales support, logistics and marketing. She has over 25 years of international business experience, travelling extensively to countries in Asia, U.S, Europe, Middle East and Russia and experience in dealing with customers, suppliers and employees of different nationalities.
She has the experience of organizing and managing roadshows, exhibitions, conferences and workshops for marketing purposes in various countries.
In the area of HR, she has developed HR policies, incentive programs, performance appraisals, recruitment, talent retention and career advancement for employees in International offices. She has also conducted various training classes for employees and managers.
She holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) by WSQ and is an accredited Trainer for Think Buzan Mindmapping and Click! Colours.
She graduated from Oklahoma City University, USA and received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1995.
Quick InformationEmotional intelligence or Quotient (EQ) describes the ability to understand one's own feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behaviour.
+65 6842 6666